Friday, November 6, 2009

Ting Ting

I am a very deep sleeper. Sometimes even the alarm cannot wake me up. So it was very interesting that I woke up at 4:30am today morning by the sound of nothing but a little beep on my phone, which was lying in the living room downstairs. The soft 'ting-ting' of the text message just woke me up as if it was some blaring trumpet in my ear and I had to go downstairs to check what it was all about.

I noticed the message was from Dhruv (my brother-in law) and it simply said "Going to hospital; baby will be coming today." I just let out a loud "yesss" and clapped my hands in joy. I ran upstairs to wake up Kartik and let him know that the d-day had arrived and that I will leave for the hospital asap. I then called up Dhruv and told him I would be on my way soon. I was sooo excited and happy and couldn't believe my lil cutie niece was almost here!

As I drove to the hospital, I just kept imagining my sister donning a new role - that of a mother, and how alien that sounded to me. I mean, wow. I think I can't justify the feeling in words, but I am sure you get the point. I also watched the sun rise and prayed and thanked Ganeshji for such a beautiful start to the day. I was uber excited. As I reached the hospital, I found parking right in front of it, so I quickly parked, locked the car and ran with big steps towards the waiting room. Mom and Aunty (Shikha's MIL) were already there, anxious like me. We exchanged hellos and huge gushing smiles.

After 2 hours, sweet Sana was born and made me an Aunt just like that!! She also promoted my parents as well Dhruv's parents into grandparents - and most of all Shikha and Dhruv into mommy and daddy. How incredibly insane is that!! Parents!! And, when I finally got to see Sana, my heart melted and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. She is such a darling and I love her with all my heart!

Oh, I am so glad for the 'ting-ting' on my phone!!

Hugs!

ps. Will be posting pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails