However, a little extra monetary disposition does not hurt anyone, and I would like share some ka-ching! saving tips with you. These are just little changes you can bring into your life - and then, you can sit back and enjoy the luxuries it brings (ahem, yes, you can treat yourself to those shoes you have been eyeing for a while, but only if you save enough):
- Credit Card: if you have been paying your minimum balance, call the credit card company and ask them for a competitive interest rate; doesn't hurt to ask and you may just end up with a lower rate; savings could be significant depending on your balance
- Phone Bill: call them and ask for an adjustment of plan, especially if you never use up your minutes; you could save upto $20 a month
- Electricity Bill: unplug your chargers, kitchen appliances, lamps, fans, when they are not in use. It doesn't just help you on your bill (approx. 15% savings), but also the environment
- Buying online: since internet how now become the way to go from staying connected to shopping, make avail of plethora of coupons online. Before you buy anything online, just do a quick search of coupons on Retailmenot.com -- you will save a lot! I love books, so I used to order a lot online. But, once I heard about this site, I paid only $9.00 for a book worth $30.00 on bn.com (barnes & noble website) -- cool, right? Plus, you could also get printable coupons for store use as well
- Eating out: buy full price vouchers at half the price at restaurant.com. neat!
- Free credit score: you can not only get just free credit report via equifax, etc., but also FREE credit score at creditkarma.com. That will save you some nice change!
Just my little contribution to help ease the pain and save you from pinching your pockets! Life is to be enjoyed, and you can truly do that by being a little careful with your spending habits! Shikha and I have become even more so when we decided to launch our own business. It takes a lot of patience and discipline -- but, we are getting there --yes, yes, we are getting there!