Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Its a very special relationship, and a very unique one. Its the purest of all relationships. When I was younger, I wanted to be like her - have beautiful curly hair, wear high heels and apply the same shade of lipstick.
I remember, when Shikha and I were in fourth and fifth grade respectively, she used to take an English dictionary test everyday. Each day we were supposed to learn the spelling and meaning of words from one page of dictionary (following up from previous day), and then she used to take a mini test, even though she wasn't so good at English herself (and, hey, if we messed up the test ---oooh boy!!). She taught us the perfect manners when sitting down for dinner or when visiting someone's house (don't touch that appetizer plate unless its offered to you) and after she returned from a tiring day at work, she made sure that we finished our homework.
That was then.
Today, when I visit her, and scream "tea" from the TV room, she will make it without flinching. She smothers me with so much food and love that I actually gain 10 lb just in one visit :)

Ma, I cannot thank you enough for being such a role model and such a wonderful person. You have taught both Shikha and I so much that we are smarter, wiser and happier because of you. Lots of love and hugs to you on Mother's day! You deserve only the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails