Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Observing Competition

Sometimes all I need to do is breathe, especially in the face of competition. I mean how easy it is to spew hot fumes when you see your competitor providing better products than you or doing something soo cool that it knocks your socks off!! The anger, the jealousy, the insecurity almost makes you think bad of them and you hope that something happens to their products/services that their customers stop liking them!! Right ? Right? Well, I have been there lovelies and it is not a good feeling. But, you know what?I always question this feeling and wonder what's the best way to deal with it.
So, I thought a lot about it. Observed myself, and came up with the following when dealing with competition:

  • Competition is good. It forces us to think outside the box, it enables us to challenge our assumptions, our status quo and thus, makes us do an even better job
  • Competition is fun. Imagine if what we did was the only best thing around, then how would we enjoy the whole process of being in the business, we wouldn't know how to sell with all the bells and whistles
  • Competition is healthy. If we see it as an source of inspiration as opposed to a reason for insecurity, then we are making our lives, our product/service so much better that we infact end up giving back
Hmm...yeah, so that's where I am with competition right now. When I see Amrita Singh and Rosena Sammi, I see them as inspiration, as partners who are infusing the market with beautiful, intricate and unique designs, just the way I am!!

 

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails