Monday, March 29, 2010

Hooray for Meetup

This past Saturday was just wonderful. It was wonderful and productive, and I had soo much fun. Yes, you read that right, the word productive and fun in the same sentence. If it can happen once, it can again, and not just for me, but for you too.
Anyhow, so what did I do? I know you are dying to know...well, as an effort to take little steps towards my dream, I joined up a meet up group on photography, simply by going to Meetup. com and searching for basic photography groups in NYC. Voila! The next thing I knew, I was getting up at 7 on Saturday morning, rushing to take the weekend train in to the city (which meant changing trains) and standing at the Duke Ellington monument amongst other group members - ready to click away. Honestly, I did not know what to expect, so I went there with an open mind. Usually I am very shy and introvert, but standing amongst the people who I knew shared my passion, allowed me to be a little more open and social. Everything came easy - the conversations, the questions, the humor. I learnt a lot that day. All the technical questions I had were dispelled immediately as I worked my 20D to the max. The weather cooperated too, so all in all, a great experience. Oh, and how can I forget the people themselves, who made the entire meetup so worthy...a special shout out to David S for organizing, and then to Cia for being my encyclopedia...no, wait, more like my wikipedia :) And ofcourse to Nicolas (dude, merci beaucoup for sharing your precious lenses with me), Sally, Chris, John...and others (sorry, I forgot names). It was great knowing you, wishing you the very best in your photoescapades....

Oh, and here are some of my shots that I fell in love with (alright alright I am being biased, but don't be hatin')..still scope to improve, but hope you like em'


\




As the saying goes, "If you can imagine it, you can have it." And, I am ready to imagine my dreams come true. Are you?

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails