Friday, March 12, 2010

Photography Inspiration: Jose Villa

I have many inspirations in the world of photography, and I have been stalking (ahem, in a gentler way) their blogs and websites to learn as much as I can. So, while I gain all this fabulous knowledge, I thought it would be great to pass on some of this to you as well. Starting off, ready and herrre we go with inspiration # 1:

Ok, I cannot hide it. Cannot hide my love for the awesome photography of Jose Villa (you can find him in my blog roll). Whenever I look at his pictures, I swoon. Its' as if each picture of his is a tiny capsule of beauty, color and heavenliness, and all of you have to do is take one (water optional) for a jolt of inspiration. Do you know he shoots 100% film? Yes, and this means not knowing what the pictures will look like - the luxury we have with digital photography - but, then each shot of Jose's is perfect. There, said it - its perfect! If I can be .5% good as him, I will be dancing around, announcing to the world that a great photographer has arrived :)
Jose does wedding, engagement and baby photos. He is booked wayy in advance, so if you are interested in signing him up for your photoshoot, well, umm, good luck!!
His style is very ethereal and each of his shots is Vogue magazine worthy. Seriously. He can make even a garbage can look like Mona Lisa, to be framed and hung on the wall. Jose knew what he wanted to do in his life, and following his passion has made him who he is today. Which brings me right back to the point I have been making all this while - when you find your passion and work on it, it doesn't seem like work and you reap the benefits of following your heart and making a good living out of it. Simple.

Well, you can read more about Jose by clicking on the link in the 'Amazing blogs and more' section, but here are a few of my favorites from his blog (oh, it was a torture to pick just a few..)









7

8

1123

160

371

172





and, now the bestest, cutest, drool worthy shot...



Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails