Monday, January 4, 2010

Life is much sweeter that way

I am a total sucker for success stories - they make me happy, they make me cry and they always inspire me. So, the minute I read the headline "After years of struggling, she finds her dream come true" I was floored. I wanted to know more and so I clicked on it and read. I was amazed at what I found out. And, just so you guys know what I am referring to, I am talking about Carmen Herrera, who is the hot selling artist (painter) at the age of 94.


Well, you can click here to read more, but more importantly, you can learn never to give up, and that's exactly what I walked away with when I read this article. 


Although, you really don't have to wait until you are 94 (coz' that's a looong time from now) you can start taking baby steps towards realizing your dreams. Everyone has a passion, be it cooking, designing, crunching numbers and analyzing them in spreadsheets, singing or cutting hair - what matters in life is what you do with that passion, and how you take control of your life. Be honest to your passion and true to yourself, and success will definitely tip toe its way to you - and you will be blown away.




photo courtesy: nytimes.com


Dear Ms. Herrera, thank you for being you, thank you for inspiring me to keep working hard and to stay focused on my dreams. Life is much sweeter that way, and I am sure nobody can prove that better than you. And, oh, how fabulous do you look at 94!!



Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails