Thursday, June 18, 2009

Next Steps

As you know, I announced a few days ago that our jewelry order is here. But, I haven't opened the boxes yet. They are actually at Shikha's place, and am planning to go over there this weekend to do the "grand opening" with her. Both of us are very excited, because now we have something tangible to call our own.
Now, ofcourse, the work doesn't just stop at opening the box. We have quite a few next steps lined up that we have to take care of:
  • Pricing each piece
  • Putting product tags
  • Packaging : tissue paper, butter paper?
  • Shopping bags/pouches?
  • Save the Date and Invite for the launch
  • Display: trays, cases, stands, etc.
I do want to make a confession though. When I started putting together the list of things we have to do, all these crazy thoughts started running through my mind. I started questioning if I was doing the right thing by starting a business, if it all made sense, if we would have a turnout or will people buy our stuff. I am telling you, it was insane. I almost wanted to give up!!!
But, I realized immediately that these thoughts were coming up because I was shying away from putting in the hard work, the raw energy. I wouldn't be a success unless these basic ingredients are there and I had to halt my crazy mind immediately. It took some effort, but after I imagined both of us enjoying our passion and making our clients feel good, all the doubts and questions began to fade away. I am glad, in a way, that this happened to me earlier, I know now to keep such thoughts in check.

Anyhow, going back to all the next steps we have to take, if you have any ideas on how to be creative with our packaging and/or presentation, please do share. Would love to hear from you!

Later..

hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails