Thursday, October 22, 2009

Honored

I stood impatiently waiting for the light to become red so I could cross the road. As I jumped up and down on the balls of my feet, I noticed her standing next to me. I was blown away for I never knew what it meant to stand next to her.

Her face was strong, with deep lines extending around her eyes as if they were forming a multi-linear graph. Her hair, pulled back in a ponytail, a rough shade of gold with batches of white around the ear. Her nose, long and straight, flared because she was breathing hard. I then noticed her rough hard hands resting on her belt, right next to a well secured gun. Yeah, those hands have cleaned up a lot of dirty work...those hands have seen it all.

Thank God for people like her.

Police Officer Anonymous (since I couldn't get her name) makes me proud because a) she is a woman in this crucial job and b) she works tirelessly in making the city safe. I felt so honored standing next to her and knowing that even though her expression was all serious and rough, it could not hide the beauty and passion within.

So mesmerized I was that I didn't even notice the light had changed back to green. And there I stood impatiently again, jumping on the balls of my feet to cross the road!

Happy Thursday!!


{Side Note: Kartik is away on a business trip, and I am really missing his comfy shoulders to rest my head on as I watch TV. I am also missing his funny comments on hair regrowth commercials and crime shows. Oh, the silence in the house is really deafening. Miss you darling.}




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails