Friday, October 9, 2009

Smartest thing

Ah, weekend's here. I love Fridays - they have such a comfy soothing vibe that even if you are in a bad mood - just as the clock ticks 5pm - that mood gives way to a relaxing, calm and golden disposition. You know, the kind of feeling you get when you are soaking up the sun while laying on the cool sand of a beach. {collective: aaaahhhhhhs}

Today was a hectic day at work, but it didn't deter me from having a good time. I reveled in the joy of ticking off my projects one after another-- lil' productive me! But, then I got so busy working out issues like a silly formula that just wouldn't work in Excel, and I forgot to eat lunch. When the growls in my stomach reached a deafening decibel {ouch, so embarrassing} I grabbed my wallet and ran down to get some chicken on rice from the street halal cart. Thank God for these saviors who hover around until like 3pm while everything is closed at that hour...yeay for chicken-on- rice wallahs!

While I was wrapping up the day, my friend {from another department} called and we started chatting. After discussing cool movies releasing this week and awesome eating out joints, she suddenly asked, "Hey, what is the smartest thing you said today?" And suddenly my mind went blank. Said - smartest-thing! Did I do any such thing at all today?? I told her I needed to reflect on it and get back. So after I hung up, I sat back in my chair and looked up at the ceiling in a moment of reflection. And, then I realized maybe the smartest thing didn't have to be a sentence, it could very well be a word or even an expression. Oh, that was easy then.

The smartest thing I said today was "population check."

And, here is the coolest pic I took today...well kinda' sorta :)

via iPhone

Happy Friday and cheers for a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails