Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I learnt how to iron a dress shirt, thanks to YouTube

The other day, after having bought a lens cleaning kit for my camera, I was in a conundrum. Ok, now that I have the ammunition, how do I fight, I thought to myself. Then it dawned on me like magic that hey, everything will be all fine and rosy for I had YouTube. I immediately started typing fervently in the search box "lens cleaning tutorial" and there there, my bunny was out of the hat. Yes, indeed, like magic! I was so pleased with this because next thing I know, I was slouching like an old man, sitting under the glare of the table lamp, with lens cleaning tools in my hand, and cleaning away to glory. I wonder what I would do without YouTube. I mean really.
Ahem, so other ways I have used YouTube:

  • how to apply blue and green eyeshadow together so I don't end up looking like a witch. Thanks to Laura Luke at panacea81. She has her own channel on YouTube - go check it out!
  • Photoshop 101 - woohoo! such a cool training and that too free!! Super huge thank you to Iceflow Studios for teaching this course
  • how to play guitar - beginners lesson. Yes, Peter Vogl really rocked the lesson big tim
  • how to iron a dress shirt -- yes yes yes! It sounds so simple, but you have to be careful with all the buttons and folds
You see, its amazing how useful YouTube is. In the future, if you have any question and/or problem and you want to see how it is solved, you know what to do!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails