Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 5 of 5, and...Morgan Freeman

I don't have to tell you this, but Morgan Freeman is one of the best actors around, and his voice, grander than his screen presence. So, if he tells me that buying pizza boxes is good for my health, heck yeah, I am going to stock em' up like crazy!!

That got me thinking -- what does it take to have this reputation? To have this power through your voice. Research shows that voice modulation and strength is an association to authority and leadership. If you listen to someone who has too much of both modulation and strength, you can find yourself being ordered to march down the field track at 3:00 am, and if it is just right, you can find yourself trusting and agreeing to buy 3 crates of beer bottle caps without wincing.

Therefore, it is very important that when you have an opinion or suggestion, you keep your voice stable and strong. This way you will come across as someone who knows what he/she is talking about and someone whose opinion matters. Helpful even if you are not 100% sure of your ideas, but just getting them out to anticipating ears will make you feel confident and will put you on a path of researching and confirming your ideas further. So, when in doubt, learn it from Mr. Freeman...just one of the ways to enriching yourself.

So, here we are... Day 5 of the challenge, what I simply like to call - THE CONCLUSION
Ah, I have learnt soooo much about fear/free in the past few days than I have in my entire life, and thats because I consciously watched myself making decisions based on whether I wanted to be free or be consumed by my fear. The choice seemed very straightforward, right? Well, umm, not really. When I was in the thick of things, and it was all 'real', the choice wasn't as clear as it may appear to be right now. But, all it required was a bit of effort, deep conscious effort, on my part and then the implementation of the choice got easier. Ta Daaaa : )

I am so happy I took up this challenge... other than making a self improvment (much needed) I ended up reuniting with one of my dear friends, hello!!!

Hugs for a comfy Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails