Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not your fancy schmancy promotional gimmick

So, I sent out the facebook invite on Tuesday, and the evite today. I was curious to see who responded so far, and when I logged on and saw some of my friends saying no, that they could not make it, honestly, I felt a little sad. I started thinking maybe no one will turn up - what will happen?? oh, I really needed to calm my nerves then.

And, just as I was about to freak out, Shikha called me and we both vented our fears by talking positive and focusing instead on the next steps ahead. We decided that we will put up the best presentation out there, and be a bit more aggressive with our boutique promotion.
One of my friends asked me though as to why we were not being commercial with our marketing?Well, at this time, we are not going with any fancy schmancy promotional gimmick - we are pushing through purely on word of mouth spread, ofcourse we are also relying on facebook to give us that extra nudge in our outreach efforts :) And, the reason for that is plain and simple. Budget. We are working on a very strict budget, and to blow through it would not be a smart financial decision. Although one might say, oh, its going to pay back. Well, not really. Not in the short run. Don't get me wrong. We do have the intention of going big, going commercial, but that will happen once we have lifted ourselves a little above the ground. And, trust me, we have quite a few great things already lined up for the kind of boutique we want to be, the relations we want to have and the business ethics we want to live by. So, yeah, it will be big soon, but right now, its more simple, more manageable, and since its our first time - it's more us.

Now, where do we go from here? Well, we all will find out together -- are you with us? oh, I already knew that : )

Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails