Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A happier human being with a business card to boot

Lasy night, Kartik and I were surfing through our 8 channels, when we came across the show "America's Got Talent" and got hooked. I know what you are thinking, so I will address that first.
Yes, you read it right - 8 channels, and yes, it is ok to scream "Whattt??"
Well, we both have never been into Televsion - we didn't have TV for the first year we were married. I mean we had a TV set, but it just sat there... playing back our reflections as we walked past it.
We cool now?

So, the show had hosts of people showcasing their talent, and it ranged from uber silly to just breathtaking. I mean I was laughing one minute in a cartoonish wide mouth style of "HA HA HA" and in the next, curling up to Kartik with tears rolling down my cheeks seeing a 62 year old woman dancing so awesomely - she decided she could not keep her dreams hidden any longer and decided to give it a try, enough was enough she said. I was so moved by this show because it was not the talent which was the focus for me, it was people's energy and drive to do what they believed in. It moved me, and strengthened my belief in my dream, and eventually I walked away a happier human being.

On a totally separate note, I have mailed back the damaged pieces of the order, the invite (we will be using evite or facebook) is coming along good, just working on some wordings, and we still have packaging stuff to put together. Can't wait for the d-day to arrive...and now I am a happier human being with a business card to boot!!!!

Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails